What character sets does VoiceText(TM) support?
For both VT Engine and Server, following character sets are supported:
(1) English, Spanish, Canadian French, Brazilian Portuguese and UK English : ASCII (+ Windows ANSI) - Code Page: cp1252
(2) Japanese: Shift-JIS - Code Page: cp932
(3) Korean: KSC-5601 - Code Page: cp949
(4) Chinese, Cantonese (Hongkong) and Taiwanese: GBK - Code Page: cp936 (both Simplified and Traditional Chinese)
* For Chinese, we currently do not support BIG5
(5) Thai: Windows-874 - Code Page: cp874
NOTE: There is a caveat that our VoiceText TTS Server only handles UTF-8 encoding only. Unsupported encoding will be suppressed automatically. One alternative solution is using the SSML TTS APIs.